About this product
NEW Lynx Astro 2 Port Dew Controller
Designed and manufactured in the UK.
Premium single-channel, two-port dew controller enables you to connect and control output to two heater strips (not included). Most heater strips from all major manufacturers are supported via regular phono / RCA type sockets.
Total power output up to 10 Amps. (Please ensure your power supply can deliver sufficient power for your requirements, keeping in mind other equipment such as your mount and cameras also require power).
A cigarette-lighter type plug with a 10 Amp fuse and 2m of premium quality, super flexible, cold resistant silicone cable is included.
Requires a DC centre positive power supply.
Control software requires OSX 10.11.6 or Windows 7 upwards.
2 year warranty.
Important: Do not exceed a total power output of 10 Amps.
- 2x RCA / Phono controllable Dew Heater outputs.
- 1x Heating Channel Control Knob (0-100%).
- 2m 12 Amp rated silicone cable remains soft and flexible, even at sub-zero temperatures, so is less likely to twist and tangle.
- Micro USB 2.0 Socket.
- Fitted with a Cigarette plug rated to 10 Amps and fitted with a 10 Amps fuse. Features a red LED power indicator.
- Reverse Polarity Protection.
Lynx Astro Dew Controllers can be controlled remotely via computer software.
The device acts as a USB-to-Serial interface and can be controlled either through a terminal or the provided Windows or Mac Desktop software shown below.
- Requires a DC centre positive power supply.
- 2 metre flexible silicone cable rated to 12 Amps.
- Fitted with a Cigarette plug rated to 10 Amps and fitted with a 10 Amps fuse. Includes a red LED power indicator.
- Minimum Voltage 10V, maximum Voltage 15V (we recommend 12-13.8V).
- Reverse polarity protection in case of accidental cable reversal.
- Fitted with strain relief to prevent damage.
Dew Heater Outputs
- RCA / Phono style connector, tip positive.
- Suitable for use with most dew heater tapes from major manufacturers.
- Maximum 5 Amps output per channel. Do not exceed the total device Amp rating.
- USB 2.0 Micro B Socket.
- Automatically installs as a ‘USB to Serial’ device on most computers but Windows drivers are available if required.
- Cable not supplied.
Enclosure / Box
- Hard wearing, durable, black ABS enclosure.
- Red LED power indicator on box.
- Red LED power indicator for each heating channel - brightness varies depending on power setting.
- Red LED intensities reduced to maintain dark adaption.
- Velcro backed with matching sticky velcro pad for easy attachment to your mount / pier / tripod / dovetail / etc.
- High quality plastic knobs and all-metal potentiometers for durability and smoothness.
Power Supply Requirements
You will need to plug the cigarette plug into a centre positive power supply capable of supplying between 10-15V, ideally 12-13.8V.
Important: The power supply must have the correct centre positive polarity and be capable of supplying the required Current (Amps) and Voltage. If you are unsure, please contact us for advice.
When determining your requirements, it is a good idea to make a note of the Amps required for each item plugged into the dew controller. This total must not exceed 10 Amps. If this information is unavailable please contact your device manufacturer.
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Lynx Astro Dew Controllers Manual (PDF)
Lynx Astro Dew Controllers Serial Protocol (PDF)
Lynx Astro Dew Controllers Windows Software & Drivers - v1.0.0 (ZIP)
Lynx Astro Dew Controllers OSX Software - v1.0.0 (DMG)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.