About this product
Part Number: 6101
150mm f/12 Rumak Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
An excellent choice for observing or imaging the Moon and planets.
Fully multicoated f/12 Rumak Maksutov optics and interior baffles deliver high contrast views similar to a 5-inch apochromatic refractor, at a fraction of the cost!
The only Maksutov telescope of its kind that includes a dual speed focuser for fine-tuning focus.
Also includes an attachable aluminium dew shield (rare for a Maksutov telescope) for better performance in cold temperatures.
Gregory vs Rumak
Most Maksutov telescope available today (i.e. from Sky-Watcher, Celestron & Meade) are Gregory Maksutovs where the secondary mirror is a simple aluminised circle essentially glued onto the interior surface of the corrector lens. Therefore the curvature of the secondary mirror is always the same as the curvature of the corrector lens. From an optical design perspective this is a compromise but it does enable high contrast Maksutov optics to be manufactured at lower prices.
The Rumak Maksutov, named after its designer designer Harry Rutton, is a more sophisticated design. A Rumak's secondary mirror is distinct and separate from the corrector lens so the optical designer has more freedom to enhance performance. Typically, for the same focal length, a Rumak Maksutov has a flatter field and tighter stars when compared to a Gregory Maksutov. This makes the Rumak Maksutov an especially good choice for astrophotography.
- Rumak-type Maksutov-Cassegrain optics
- BK-7 optical glass primary mirror, Rumak-type secondary mirror, and Maksutov meniscus corrector lens
- Aluminised and quartz-overcoated primary and secondary mirrors
- Moving primary mirror focusing via a dual-speed focuser
- Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail
- 8x50 straight-through finderscope in a quick-release mounting bracket
- Twist-lock aluminum dew-shield
- T-ring adapter included for attaching a camera
- Adapter Ring for Schmidt-Cassegrain Accessories
- Two year limited warranty
- Optional iOptron Electric Focuser
Telescope Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- iOptron MAK 150mm f/12 Rumak Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope (OTA)
- Threaded Accessory Holder
- 2" Eyepiece Holder
- 2" to 1.25" Adapter
- 8x50 Finderscope with Bracket
- Aluminum Dew Shield
- Front Lens Cover
- T-Ring Adapter
- Fitted Vixen-type dovetail bar
|Optical Design ||Catadioptric Rumak style Maksutov-Cassegrain |
|Clear Aperture ||150mm |
|Focal Length ||1800mm |
|Focal Ratio ||f/12 |
|Resolving Power ||0.77 arc seconds |
|Limiting Magnitude ||12.8 |
|Highest Useful Magnification ||300x |
|Finder scope ||8x50 w/ finder ring |
|Focuser ||10:1 Crayford dual-speed |
|Dew Shield ||Twist-lock aluminum shield |
|Focuser ||Dual-speed |
|Tube Length ||21 3/4” (without dew shield) 27 1/8” (with dew shield) |
|Tube Weight ||13.4 lbs |
|Astrophotography ||T-ring adapter included for attaching a camera |
|Other Accessories ||2” to 1.25” compression ring accessory holders; |
Adapter Ring for Schmidt-Cass Accessories
|Dust Cover ||Light reducing lens cover |
|Gross Weight ||22 lbs |
|Warranty ||Two year limited |
Downloads / Manuals
IOptron 150 Maksutov Instruction Manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.