About this product
Part Number: MEII
The Paramount MEII is Bisque's flagship German Equatorial Mount and has been specifically designed to perform in a professional level, high performance, observatory. With an instrument capacity of 240lb (109kg), and a head weight of 50lb (23kg) this mount is designed to take a very large instrument.
Constructed to a very high degree of quality, the Paramount MEII features brass worms and aluminium gears. The mount itself is a unibody construction made with high-grade aluminium. Furthermore, the mount uses belt-driven gears with spring-loaded worms to eliminate backlash. This allows the mount to achieve less than 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error.
Coupled with Software Bisque's professional-level software suite, the Paramount MEII can be PEC corrected to very low levels of periodic error.
The Paramount MEII is designed to alleviate many of the problems other astrophotography setups face. It is capable of tracking three hours past the meridian, potentially eliminating the need to do a meridian flip during an imaging session. It also features a builtin 2 port USB2.0 hub near the camera end of the mount. This reduces the number of wires that have to be strung between the mount and a computer.
The mount also features Software Bisque's Versa-Plate which has been engineered to accept almost any mounting system. Coupled with the mount's heavy-duty capacity, the Paramount MEII is capable of precise operation with even the most demanding of setups.
Built with Paramount's high-end telescope control hardware, the MEII is able to track and slew with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Limited imaging time will not be wasted with this mount trying to centre poorly slewed targets.
Together with the included T point and Camera Control Add On's the MEII achieves superb pointing accuracy and full control over your astro imaging.
- 240lb (109kg) instrument capacity
- Unibody mount that weighs 84lb (38kg)
- Maximum 7 arc second peak-to-peak periodic error before correction
- USB2.0 computer to mount control interface
- Onboard USB2.0 hub near camera end of the mount to reduce cable clutter
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm to virtually eliminate backlash
- Versatile mounting plate
- 30 arc second all sky pointing accuracy
- Clutchless design maintains T Point assisted pointing accuracy
- Mount automatically stops when it hits something solid (such as the tripod)
- Oversized bearings with high-torque servo-motors ensures performance is never compromised even at maximum capacity
- Through mount cabling conduit
Mount & Tripod Weights and Dimensions
- Weight of the mount: 84lb (38kg)
- Counterweight shaft: 47 x 4.8cm (18.5 x 1.9")
What's in the box
Whats In The Box
- 2 x 30lb (14kg) counterweights
- 48V power supply
- PC to mount cabling
- TheSkyX Pro with Camera and TPoint addons
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.