About this product
The Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED DS PRO with HEQ5 PRO mount is arguably the BEST introduction to serious astrophotography!
The Evostar 80 ED PRO telescope features an Ohara FPL-53 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element, which significantly reduces chromatic aberration.
Includes 2”/50.8mm Di-Electric Star Diagonal, 2" 28mm LES eyepiece, 9x50 finderscope and Aluminium case.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 600mm (f/7.5)
- Eyepiece Supplied (2"): 28mm LES
- 2”/50.8mm Di-Electric Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Dual-Speed 11:1 2” Crayford Focuser (Backlash-Free)
- Fully Multi-Coated objective
- Supplied with Tube Rings & Mounting Plate
- Aluminium Carrying Case
Sky-Watcher also offer an optically-matched 0.85x Focal Reducer/Flattener for astrophotography at f6.37.
For astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the HEQ5 PRO SynScan is your answer.
"The Three-star alignment accurately corrects for cone error and subsequent GO-TO accuracy was impressive." BBC Sky At Night Magazine"I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively" Astronomy Now Magazine
The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. The mount also includes features that advanced astronomers and imagers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- ST-4 Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
Monday, 3 March 2014 | Peter
I purchased this at Astrofest 2014 as a compete set up and used it properly last night. I was delighted to be able to gain my first image of M42 and it wasn't half bad. The instructions for the mount are worthless but there is a great deal of support on the net. Once you know what you're doing with it, it's premium product all the way. I purchased the right angle finder as you need to be a gymnast to use it on some orientations. Over all, I am overjoyed and looking forward to many nights quality imaging.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.